photos around Carson, IA

Know the Code: Mini bikes, Go Carts, ATV's, Golf Carts

Here is the link to the City ordinance and regulations on mini bikes, go-carts, off-road ATVs, and Golf Carts in city limits. We are asking for the public's assistance in compliance with this ordinance for the safety of all citizens. City Hall has received several complaints regarding underaged and unauthorized use of these vehicles on public streets, on city park property including the youth fields, and on the city pedestrian walking trail.
View City Code Chapters 75 & 77 at the link below:
❗75.02.2. “Off-road motorcycle” (EXAMPLES: dirt bike, mini bike) means a two-wheeled motor vehicle that has a seat or saddle designed to be straddled by the operator and handlebars for steering control and that is intended by the manufacturer for use on natural terrain. “Off-road motorcycle” includes a motorcycle that was originally issued a certificate of title and registered for highway use under Chapter 321 of the Code of Iowa, but that contains design features that enable operation over natural terrain. An operator of an off-road motorcycle is also subject to the provisions of this chapter governing the operation of all-terrain vehicles. (Code of Iowa, Sec. 321I.1)
❗ 75.03 GENERAL REGULATIONS. No person shall operate an ATV, off-road motorcycle, or off-road utility vehicle within the City in violation of Chapter 321I of the Code of Iowa or a snowmobile within the City in violation of the provisions of Chapter 321G of the Code of Iowa or in violation of rules established by the Natural Resource Commission of the Department of Natural Resources governing their registration, equipment and manner of operation.
(Code of Iowa, Ch. 321G & Ch. 321I)
❗Golf carts may be operated on City streets ONLY by a person possessing a valid motor vehicle operator's license. (Code 77.09)
It is a violation of the City Code for underaged and unlicensed individuals (children) to be driving ATVs, Golf Carts, Off-Road motorcycles, and Off-Road utility vehicles on City streets. Adults should not allow children to drive these vehicles on city streets, this includes if you are sitting in the passenger seat. You may be putting yourself at risk of receiving a ticket from the Pottawattamie County Sheriff's Office - Iowa, and an unnecessary risk if you violate this code.
Let's all keep our city streets and pedestrian trails safe by adhering to the state and city codes.
Residents and Businesses may call the non-emergency to report a violation at 712-328-5737. If it is an emergency dial 911.
May be an image of golf cart and scooter
Official Website of the City of Carson, IA.
Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved.